Links, Data and Publications
Links to other relevant EU projects and data sources and project publications
- POLICY BRIEFS
- This section holds KnowSeas published policy briefs to guide practical implementaion of the Ecosystem Approach
- Project Publications
- Every effort is being made to make project ouputs publicly available and to place them in institution-based repositories. Several open access and pre-print versions of KnowSeas papers are available here to download. Other KnowSeas publications are listed below them.
- Project Links
- Links to EU policy, institutions and projects
- Data Sources
- Data from other sources used in the project
- Rapid Policy Network Mappping
- Understanding the relationships and dependencies in the development and implementation of environmental policy is essential to the effective management of the marine environment. A new method of policy network analysis called ‘Rapid Policy Network Mapping’ was developed that delivers an insight to both technical and non-technical users into the lifecycle, relationships and dependencies of policy development. The method was applied to the Marine Strategy Framework Directive and the Water Framework Directive in the UK. These two case studies highlight the environmental policy challenges to protect the UK’s marine coastal environment. They identify differences in the styles of policy implementation between the devolved authorities of the UK. Rapid Policy Network Mapping provides an opportunity to create a collaborative policy data environment with a relatively small investment. As a tool for civil society it should assist in their ability to understand and influence policy making and implementation.
- Glossary of terms and abbreviations
- MSFD Timeline
- A timeline for the implementation of the Marine Strategy Framework Directive
- FP7 projects Marine Spatial Planning meeting presentations
- Presentations given at the joint KnowSeas / MASPNOSE / MESMA / ODEMM meeting held in Edinburgh on 1st September 2011
- Every effort is being made to make project ouputs publicly available and to place them in instituion based repositories. Several open access and pre-print versions of KnowSeas papers are available here to download. Other KnowSeas publications are listed below them.